SheetCam--Cut Offset

I wish to cut a part which has holes in it. I wish to use an inside offset for the holes and an outside offset for the perimeter of the part. Can anyone help me with this in SheetCam?

Sheetcam will do that for you automatically. When you import your drawing, outside offset lines will be Red, inside offset lines will be Yellow and open paths will be White(no offset). If the line colors are not correct, it is because there is an open contour on your drawing somewhere and Sheetcam can’t tell what is a hole and what is the perimeter of the part.

When you set up your jet cutting operation, select the layer your drawing is on. As long as the drawing is all on one layer, it doesn’t matter what offset you select. Sheetcam will make them the correct offset based on the line colors in the imported drawing.

Edit: it does matter what offset you select. Outside offset will give the correct offset to all paths. Selecting inside offset reverses all of the offsets. I never noticed this until doing some testing today. I always just leave it on Outside offset.

1 Like

I’ll echo what David said about the need to have your drawing on one layer. I spent hours on the YouTube tutorial by Arclight Dynamics called SheetCam tutorial 1 Basics and the layer instruction is about the only thing I remembered a day later.

I like to move my inside cuts to a new layer and label them (ie holes). That way I can set different speeds, lead ins/outs for those specific cuts. Just remember to set offset to inside on the new layer and have that operation first on the list to cut.

2 Likes