Sheet Cam Torch not Firing

I have gone through all the post for this problem. The torch fires F5,. I do not see M03 in the G code. So I think I picked the wrong post processor in SheetCam. I picked Mach3
I am not running pro. Now SheetCam does not give the list to pick from on post processor, how do I get this list back. I am very frustrated I have had the unit for a year and have never cut the first piece. Fusion sucks for people like me so when I saw sheetcam I thought I could make it work. So much for a thought!

So when you installed Sheetcam on the initial setup screen you picked Mach 3 Plasma right? And you’re running the Crossfire not the Crossfire Pro?

If that’s the case it will work. However, Mach3 has a bug with regards to how it handles fractional seconds for pierce delays so you’ll find a couple of custom Sheetcam Crossfire post-processors here in the forum (one of them is mine) so you can have half-second pierce delays. You’ll need to make a setting change in Mach3 to use milliseconds (but you’ll be able to use either seconds or milliseconds in Sheetcam). All of that is documented in a thread here in the forum.

If you want to use the generic Mach 3 Plasma post it’s installed, just may not have been chosen correctly. If you did not pick the Mach 3 Plasma but just picked the Mach 3 post, you will be missing some of the commands you need. To switch your Sheetcam to use the plasma post, go to the Options menu, then pick Machine. Make sure you have the “Jet cutting” box checked in the Machine type tab on the pop-up. Then choose the Post processor tab. In the lower half is the Post Processor selection box. Click in the box and pick “Mach 3 Plasma”.

1 Like

You are right! I did not have Mach3 Plasma picked. I changed that and it worked. I just cut my first piece out. The world will never be safe again. Thanks for your kind help for someone as uninformed as me.

2 Likes