Settings for diffrent gauges or metal

been cutting 16g but looking to see what you guys have yalls settings for 3/16 and 1/4in

45 amps for both 1/4" 45 IPM 3/16" 60IPM

1 Like

I was wondering when setting the program to a diffrent amperage , does it run it automatically or do I have to set the machine at what I set the program to ?

only thing the software can do on the plasma cutter is trigger the torch

^^^^^ What Knick said.^^^^^

You can fill the fields for amps, volts and what not, but all the info that FireControl looks at is Height, Pierce Delays and IPM. Torch amps is all done by you turning the knob.

1 Like

So I think you have a LOT of reading to do…Don’t feel bad we all have been in the same boat atone time…

here is a basic…real basic breakdown of stuff…

FireControl only does what you tell it to do through your CAD/CAM software.
The plasma is only told to go on/off …that is it…as it only has 2 wires connected to it

2 other wires are connected to the plasma and tell the Fairecontrol software if the plasma arc is on and if it needs to go up and down by reading the voltage between the metal and the plasma…nothing is controlling the amps

To know what you might need to cut metals you can find through a search here a basic cut chart on what settings work for different thicknesses
Take that chart and create your “cut tools” in your software.

every metal thickness will require a different speed…amps…and possibly air pressure and tip size…

5 Likes