Setting up a plasma cutting tool in the library

I have the Crossfire Pro using the Razorweld 45 plasma cutter. I have one tool set up in my library for the plasma cutter. After watching a few youtube videos I have noticed some people have multiple plasma cutting tools set up in their library with each one having different settings for different material thickness. Is this a better/quicker setup approach and if the library is set up this way, do you still need to make the adjustments when setting up your toolpath? Still learning to dial in my plasma cutter. Struggling with where to make the adjustments for cutting speeds, kerf adjustments, pierce delay settings, etc. It seems these settings are in several different places or is it just me? Any explanation to understand this portion of the setup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

What CAM program are you using?

Just so you know you can adjust your kerf width in the software. Kerf is controlled by your plasma cutter it self. You really cant adjust the kerf width on a RW45 unless you have a torch that will accept smaller tips.nozzles then stock.
So to get a smaller kerf width you would run a smaller consumables, less amps and less air pressure.
I have a RW45 and always cut at 45 amps and just adjust my cut speed depending on material thickness. My kerf is about .050-.055"

I am using Fusion 360 for everything. Thank you for the input. Do you adjust your settings in the post process or do you have multiple tools set up in the library as I mentioned above?

I only have one I change it every time I use it. I am going to set some up but never got around to it. I will wait till you have it down and you can help me. :rofl:

2 Likes

I laughed pretty hard at this - In fact I almost spit coffee all over myself. It reminded me of a marriage counselor asking me how I was going to fix myself - which is what we were paying her to tell me!

The tool libary is located in the utility tab at top of fusion then just go in at add all your tools you want for different metals and thicknesses. Super simple