Selecting/Cutting entire open contour line in Fusion ::Solution::

My work flow
-Extrude the part I am wanting to cut
-Make sure to turn sketch visibility on so that my open lines will show up in manufacturing
-Go to manufacture.
-From there…

In manufacturing, while creating your tool paths and selecting contours, select a beginning segment of the line you want to cut, make sure the arrow is pointed in the direction you want the selection to follow, click on that selected segment again and it will turn red and a box will pop up to add, unselect, or delete, go to the very end of the line you want to cut and hover over it. Once there, the whole line should light up from the very first segment to the end of the line. Click on the end and the whole line should then be selected. Click the green positive add symbol. You should now have 1 total complete line segment to be cut with only 1 pierce. You’ll have to do this in these steps for each different open contour line but it beats selecting the total amount of broken line segments otherwise.

If this topic has already been discussed, then my apologies for recovering the topic. I searched and could not find anything on the fusion forums or this one. Hopefully, this will increase the odds that someone else finds it as well.

3 Likes