Saying Hello, new Langmuir/ShopSabre CEO

Thank you, I enjoy connecting with customers. It was a behavior learned while I was at John Deere. We would use Customer Advocate Groups to drive design improvements in future equipment and it was always very effective to hear how the machines were being used. I’m lucky to have had that experience.

This is a new one for me but a very cool company. Thanks for suggesting it. I spent some time going through all of their documentation last night.

1 Like

Thank you, I enjoy connecting with customers. It was a behavior learned while I was at John Deere. We would use Customer Advocate Groups to drive design improvements in future equipment and it was always very effective to hear how the machines were being used. I’m lucky to have had that experience.

Awesome! We used to use the John Deere Vision video in our Agile Product Management courses. I still show it occasionally when I’m facilitating strategy & vision workshops.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Would you have happened to have anything to do with the 2038R by chance? b.c I have a bone to pick with who ever decided to let some of that equipment out the door.

either way, welcome to the family.

Glad I am not the only one who has a list of engineers and QC people I want to have a discussion with.

And at what cost? I don’t think you can ask for all that and pay what you paid for the crossfire.
What would you be willing to pay for all this?

2 Likes

Just learn Fusion 360 instead of using 5 different programs. Fusion, Inkscape and Sheetcam. They handle it all.

3 Likes

I get where your coming from. My Fusion cost me $70 per month. Its well worth it to me. It pays for itself on the first job every month. That’s just my two cents.
But, I do understand that ownership of a program is a great thing.

3 Likes

As Microsoft, Adobe, and dozens of others that have gone to subscription service and cloud functionality, instead of a PC based program that does not require internet connection for full feature use.

1 Like

Hey y’all,

Let’s try to keep this thread focused on welcoming @Langmuir-Cody to our community; the discussion on software preferences is definitely a constructive one to have, feel free to make a thread in #software!

That said, I’ll be sure to touch base with the team - Cody included - about the status of projects such as FireCAM!

2 Likes

No, on the 2038R, that’s disappointing to hear. I was mainly on the construction side of the business. I know they have to make some improvements!

Definitely an interesting observation and one that I’ve thought about quite a bit! I’ve seen many different workstreams and software platforms over my time in similar industries, 3D printing is even worse than traditional manufacturing with respect to the number of different modeling, post processing, and cloud storage software solutions out there. We wrote all of our own software at my last company and it was an incredible challenge. You are also correct, some of the user agreements are not favorable for the user at all.

I do see a world where the process is more streamlined. We all naturally strive for simpler and more powerful user experiences as any technology matures. I also know that there are many smart companies and software engineers looking at improving industrial and manufacturing software. However, you are correct, we have a great user base and are uniquely positioned to make positive change. I’m hopeful that we can find a good balance with our software tools at both Langmuir and ShopSabre, enabling our customers is core to what we do at both businesses.

Maybe someday! It would be incredible to have the impact that you are talking about and the team is certainly capable of it!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and as Rilley said, this would be a great thought exercise in the Software discussion. I’m also happy to chat about it anytime.

1 Like

What I’m seeing is a person that can’t heed a simple request to take this discussion to the “software” category.

2 Likes

Hey Spencer,

I’d love to look into this for you!

I checked the email address associated with your Forum account, and we seem to have been responsive whenever you reached out…is there another email address that I can check for? If so, could you DM me the details so I can investigate?

1 Like

That’s an excellent introduction. I’m excited to see how the company progresses.

The MR-1 is a game changer in my mind.

1 Like

I have owned several Langmuir plasma tables and I have a problem today with my XR table that had nothing to do with langmuir issues anyhow Cameron has helped me several times and I can not say enough good things about this guy! He has went above and beyond to help me out when I have had issues. Take care and congratulations on joining Langmuir!

4 Likes

@Langmuir-Cody thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and interact here in the forum. I have only owned my pro table for about 18 months but love it. I was slightly concerned hearing about this merger initially as I have reaped the benefits of Langmuir, specifically the capability to have cnc plasma in my small shop at the price point that Langmuir was able to achieve. And looked forward to what they managed to pull out of their engineering hat in the future. It’s refreshing to hear your mindset regarding the the companies and my mind is more at ease. Welcome and good luck!

3 Likes