Same sketch, 2 of 6 objects will not move

I have a sketch with 6 objects and 2 of them I can not get to move, they will rotate but that is all. All other objects move and copy just fine and these 2 were also a little earlier. What could have happened ?
Also the fillet tool will not work and I was using it yesterday just fine.
I have totally shut down Fusion and the computer twice and no change…

The features you are trying to move have been constrained for some reason. Using the mirror function or having several dimensions on them will hold them in place.

2 Likes

I have now noticed that when I rotate one of the problem ones the other problem one gets crazy, I think they are sharing a node somehow, I have had the one on top of the other at one point so that is probably where they got connected so is there a fix ?

Click on the constraint icons around your problem feature and delete them. They may be connected to some other item. So good luck. After you remove them your sketch will be editable. Hopefully :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks Bigdaddy2166, I got rid of some constraints and that helped some but my sketch started getting nodes all over the place so I have gone back to an earlier version and I think I see where I made my first mistake. That’s a great video also. I need to learn more and tighten up my skills but learning as I go…

2 Likes

Fusion is a very powerful program. There is a lot to learn. Plasma drawings are just scratching the surface. Keep at it and you will get it. When I started , I took a couple of college classes at a community college.
That link I sent you for YouTube is great.
He is mostly about wood /router stuff. He is a great teacher on the basic of fusion.

1 Like

I have found that moving things, will often do exactly what you are experiencing.

The easy (low tech) way is:

1. Copy the entity that you want to move
  2. Move it far enough away from your drawing so that you can re-select the original part copied.
  3. Delete the original part.
  4. Now you will have complete freedom to move your copied entity wherever you want.

Edit: If you can rotate your part without distortion, the point of rotation is probably your constraint point that is messing with your moving the entitiy.

2 Likes

If you moved your entity with the point to point movement/alignment command/constraint, that would have created a constraint to that point.

I have had some times that the fillet tool would work with picking the intersecting point of two lines but other times you need to pick the two lines separately. I don’t know the answer of why this would be the case but it could be how the lines and intersection was created.

Or, it could be that the intersection was somehow corrupted and was no longer creating a connection at that point. If it happens again, zoom in real close and see if somehow those two lines are actually NOT coinciding with each other. Things like this happen with some movement of items that are not constrained. One video creator/tutor for Fusion 360 stated, he always puts in decimal places for all line lengths because if you set a line at “4” inches, Fusion may decide the line is “3.9999.” If it makes this assumption enough, the lines may not be connecting after a move. The “great” masters of Fusion 360 will always say “fully constrain your drawing” if you don’t want these issues.

The first rule of good plasma cutting: Sufficient dry air
The first rule of good Fusion 360 work: Fully constrain your drawing

Note: I have not mastered the “Fully Constrained” environment so I am not being critical.

1 Like