Run From Here doesn't exist in G-Code Window

Running a piece, and was about 790 lines in when movement stopped, but the torch kept firing. Hit the stop, and the torch shut off. Had to unload the XR from FireControl, shut the XR down, and then reload in order to clear the XR. Reloaded the g-code file, and scrolled to the line I think it crashed on. The orange button on that line says Run from Loop, but it does nothing. A few lines above and below that one, the Orange Button adds an option - now has an orange Run From Loop or Run From Line - still neither button will do anything. I’ve scrolled 40-50 lines above and below, and never get the Run From Here button. FireControl is running version 21.5, so it is def after that button was released.
I have no doubt it’s something simple, and is an issue with the keyboard to seat interface. Any help or ideas? Thanks!

This might be helpful….
When you’re in firecontrol if you get a part that don’t cut or have an issue and it stops in the middle like error you can have it start wherever by going to the lead-in for part you’re trying to cut and highlighted it and hitting the orange line button. It will ask if you want to generate cut path from that spot and say yes. The one thing you have to do is start from the original work zero spot. If you don’t it starts from the wrong position. hopefully this helps with future errors.

2 Likes

This post also walks through the idea on restarting your cut

1 Like

Appreciate the quick answers!
However, when I try to select either Loop or Line, nothing happens. XR is in the work home position, and everything else looks normal.
Does it have anything to do with having had to exit out of FireControl / shut down the XR in order to clear the machine having stopped moving? I’ve tried hitting pause and stop both when it happens, but neither do anything, so the only way i can clear everything and get control of the machine again is to completely exit the software, shut down the XR, and then restart / reload everything.

i guess is you’ll have to get out of FireControl and go back in it. When you load your design it should go back to same starting point (blue button). You’ll want to check this by moving around in fireControl and checking couple points on the design. then hit blue button again and select lead-in point and regenerate cut path. Don’t hit “zero all axes” or that will create new starting point. I wouldn’t restart computer myself unless getting out of fireControl don’t resolve it.

1 Like

Thanks, Don. Actually have done this, and the problem is FireControl never brings up the box to regenerate the cut path - the line in G-Code has the orange boxes available to run from line and run from loop, but pressing them does nothing. I’ve even tried the process from a slew of other G-code lines, and none of them will advance to the regenerate cut process.

I’ve reached out to Langmuir support. Cameron was puzzled by this issue as well. We are going to schedule a time for him to log in to my system and run through it himself. I’ll post results once we find a time that works. Appreciate the help so far - hopefully we’ll get it figured out.

1 Like