Round corners when cutting letters?

I just purchased the langmuir systems plasma and when I cut out letters its rounded the corners but when I drew the logo its square? I’ll post a photo of what its doing.

Thanks,

The plasma arc is round so inside corners will always be round, is that what you mean?

2 Likes

yeah what Javelin said. If you cut on the outside of the letters (where you are going to use the letters) you will get square-er corners. If you cut on the inside of the letters (cut-outs/where you won’t save the letters themselves), it will be more rounded.

I did figure this out, was running at too high of a speed which caused it to cut like this.

Thanks for the responses !

2 Likes

I have had that issue and yes slowing ipm fixes it. I have a Hypertherm 45xp and I need to max ipm to make a clean cut with little dross but cant do that with these stepper motors. I know you should be able to run 300 ipm. I run into the problem at 225 ipm. When I dropped to 200 ipm problem went away. Wondering if there is a better quality stepper motor that can bolt to our tables to allow me to run upto 300 ipm.

1 Like