Recent Fusion 360 update of Jan 2024 seems massive

I have gotten several updates from Fusion 360 over the last week and a half. They are calling this “Jan 2024 update” but I thought I was up to date. Last evening I saw that there was another update. I now have pretty fast internet service varying between 30 to 100 MB/sec but even with that, the update was not completed an hour later. It seemed to hang at 97%.

I eventually logged off and tried to restart Fusion. It would not start. Keep in mind, I was updating on both my desktop and the laptop I use with the table.

This morning, it took a full 10 minutes before Fusion eventually loaded on the desktop. I have not tried the laptop but I expect a similar experience. Once it is loaded, it seems to be fine and the second loading is fast.

Just giving a PSA out there, in case anyone else experiences some lags.

Update: I just checked the laptop and that 2 hours of trying to update last night was unsuccessful. It is starting over as I type. It did not have the advantage of being left on so I had shut it down, obviously before it was complete.

1 Like

Thanks for the head’s up! Maybe I’ll hold off using F360 until it stabilizes a bit :grimacing:
At my paltry network speeds I can’t afford to get into that mess!

2 Likes

The laptop update went smoother this morning but there is definitely some wait & weight to it.

I am wondering if that dropped yesterday and there was lots of traffic to their server??

1 Like

Seems to be fine on this end. Now my cellphone service is another matter.
It will work on wifi calling though. ATT really blows. Has to be the worst run company in America.

1 Like

There’s a big cellular outage but it shouldn’t impact your ISP unless everyone is trying to connect to their WiFi… I bet there’s a whole generation flipping out. :joy:

2 Likes

Yes This is one baby boomer thats is stressed out. Our whole business depends on cell service. 10 marine mechanics on different boats all over the marina. I survive.

4 Likes