Razorweld cut 45 issues (Solved)

You should only drop 5 psi from the plasma cutter air setting. Sounds like it is sometimes dropping to low to refire the torch. Razorwelds are known for bad internal regulators.

2 Likes

Bypass it inside and set your supply regulator to 75 psi.

2 Likes

Too much pressure will blow out the plasma arc, and insufficient will not let it form correctly. 70~75 is the magic number while it’s cutting.

Check the gas pressure and flow. The plasma gas pressure or flow setting should not exceed factory- recommended settings. Excess pressure in the plasma chamber makes it harder for the HF spark to jump the gap, so that the pilot arc is effectively blown out before it can fully establish. High-gas pressure accounts for the majority of hardstarting problems, and is often overlooked— a zealous troubleshooter might replace every component in the pilot circuit, only to find the air pressure had been turned too high. And too low, it will not form correctly.

3 Likes

Not that I can help diagnose but I can tell you I started with a rw45 when I first got my setup and I was very pleased with the performance. Only saying that it’s not that the rw in general is a bad machine, it actually is very decent for anything under 1/4" and on a budget

So update i bypassed the regulator and used my external regulator and turned it down to 75 it cuts great now, i do get a little more slag than before, but im not having any of the other issues i was experiencing, so thank you guys for giving me the heads up about the faulty regulator on these machines.

2 Likes

Increase you IPM just a little bit now that the pressure is right. The slag should be reduced.

2 Likes