Razorweld 45 unpredictable cut

That’s what I did. I have some of his generic ones (“good”) and some of the Italian (“better”) ones coming in. Pretty reasonable price with shipping included.

1 Like

The 1mm tips suggested above. They dont seem to last real long but they work.

I have searched and searched for good into on tips and this is the most useful info I have come up with. In this link, post #13 by Mechanic416 (George) that owns a Plasma repair shot has some good info on the torches. He carries the correct consumables for the Razorweld torches and has on order higher amperage tips for them. In his picture the torch on the left matches what I have and while it will run standard S45 consumables he says the correct consumables are for the PT/IPT40 and has better cuts with them.

I know this is probably a necro but I had this problem too and thought I’d add another possible cause. I was cutting 1/4" Plate and was having the same issues where my cuts were literally at a 30 degree angle. My situation might have been a little different in that I was cutting a parallelogram. I changed out my consumables and checked my swirl ring and still had the problem. I then took a closer look at how my torch was connecting to the Crossfire table. I found that the mount was not parallel with the table and in fact, the torch was angled at 10 degrees, maybe a bit more. From the looks of it, I had mounted it correctly with everything lined up to the torch shield so it looked right from the top but when looking at it from the side, it was clearly off. It just seems like the mounting system that Langmuir created for this torch is not ideal. I had to tilt the torch back and then tighten the allen nuts so that the torch itself was perpendicular to the table. A few more cuts and everything was working almost perfectly. For those interested, my settings were 35Amp / 20 ipm / .8 tip size / .06 shim. There was some dross on the bottom of the cut that was easily broken off with a chipping hammer so the settings are pretty good. Hope this helps someone like me who couldn’t figure this out for a long time.

Thank you for that! I have the same issue with my Razorweld 45. I will look at the actual torch angle to see if that where my problem is as well.

First thing would be to make a L shaped bracket that held the torch handle and stop using that cheesy clamp on the cup thing.