Razorweld 45 Torch fires and stops right away

There are 60 gallon compressors all over the Internet for 400-500 dollars
There are many members here running their CROSSFIRES on even smaller compressors then that without an issue.
Wiring in a 220 is very ez and very cheap if you do it yourself.

If you have to run wire any type of distance then yes the price for that 220 starts to creep up as the wire in itself is heavy gauge and does cost some coin.

Take your time and research your options
Everyone here is awesome and more then willing to help and point someone in the right direction if they can

2 Likes

I run mine on a Home Depot 60 gal compressor, 110V and I think $400 on sale (probably $500 normal price). It’s not the spec that the cutter says it needs, but the tank volume means it can provide more air while cutting than if it is just running to keep up. If you’re going to do long jobs for a commercial operations than you might need a 220V multistage compressor but for garage use the Husky is doing fine for me.

For the cutter you’ll need a 220V circuit if you’re doing anything more than a 30A plasma unit. The 45s and such I’ve seen are all 220V and should be on a 50A circuit. I ran a circuit into my garage to handle mine rather than settle for a 110V unit. The 30A 110V cutters are fine for 1/8" and thinner gauge steel but I wanted the ability to go thicker if I found a need.

I don’t know if this is relevant, but the same thing was happening to me all the time when I first got the Crossfire set up and running. After much looking for a solution, I got a tip that my air in the Hypertherm plasma cutter was probably set too high and that I was literally “blowing out” the arc with the air so high. I did have the machine set for maximum air because I thought it would help reduce dross. I then tried setting the air to a medium setting and then that problem never happened again.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Flame goes out in less than a second and air still flows. I continue to be plagued with issues both software and hardware. My unit has quickly become an expensive paperweight.

The new issue is that it will not fire past a second, literally a second. I have tried different pressures both at my tank (and yes it will supply 1.7 times the volume and flow that the unit needs), and adjusting pressure inside the razorcut 45 itself. The flame still goes out after a second. The are flow continues until I stop the program.

It is set at 2T
I have 220 setup with a 50amp breaker

I’m now at a loss and the lack of customer support other than a forum has me done.

Please help if possible.

Did you send an email to Support?

BTW, did you clamp the ground clamp to the work piece vs the table? That will often fix firing issues.

What power, speed and tip are you using? What’s the material you’re cutting?

Can you run a manual cut (where you start the arc by pressing F5 and then using the jog keys to move the head across the material)?

What’s the height of the torch - did you use the thin shim or the thick one?

Hello James. Sorry for my great delay in getting back to you. I have been gone for work, and have just now returned to this project. I did email support. Just their thought that it is the torch.

I have tried attaching the ground clamp to the drain plug, the work piece, the slats, etc. No change.

I am cutting a piece of thin sheet metal. I can start the torch manually by using F5 but goes out withing 0.5 second. If I start it by pulling the trigger on the handle then it will stay on as I hold the trigger. I have checked the connections and they are good.

As for height I have used both shims and there is no difference.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am finally getting back to this project tomorrow, and can hopefully figure something out.

How thick is the sheet metal?

Have you moved your laptop and the RW main unit as far from the control box as the cords will allow?

How fast was the setting for the project file?

just finished setting up my XR with the Razor weld 45 and fusion 360
I can not get it to run a complete part with out the torch blowing out 2-3 times
even a 2x2 square in 1/8" material.

every cut fires and stops i restart the cut and it finishes. that 2x2 Squair but the next one does the same

you do remember that you have special support with Langmuir since you purchased the XR…

that being said…1/8"…what speeds and amps are you running.
most torches will flame out if the cutting is too slow…
I have an Everlast 62i and am running around 40amps at 90ipm…

I sent Langmuir an email haven’t heard back yet,
I’ve tried 40ipm to 125ipm exactly the same outcome. I know it’s in the set up, just not sure where yet tried changing the air pressure. but the amps are at max 45amps.
the consumables are new first cuts on the machine. air is filtered and dried.
I’ll have to check Monday but i can remember if the torch is set at T2 or T4.
I say a couple posts it should be T2

It is costing me customers now. tried new consumables still flames out every time.
trying to cut 1/4" hot roll can not get threw a complete part did a lot of research and the taper is better but not good enough to sell a part.
i put out my last dime to set up my shop for this xr table and razerweld and after 3 weeks i am ready to scrap it all. this should not be this difficult. I am loosing money.
to many people are saying they are getting good results wit this same equipment
I am totaly beside myself.

What is your air pressure at torch should be 70 - 75 psi? air supply from compressor to machine 110 psi.

1 Like

air was 60 in the razerweld i adjusted it now it is 75. I even tried higher pressure in the machine, the air supply is 110 constant. and dry I have a dryer and filters.
i have changed the consumables change the setting, pierce delay entry speed cut speed pierce height cut height all with no improvement.

the flam out was the consumables now it is just the bad cuts even in 14guage

Is your work clamp on the metal?

1 Like

is this taper uniform to cutting direction?

What are your target setting?

Amps 45
IPM 12
Cut height .06
Pierce height .15
Pierce Delay 1sec

Something like this?

Could you film a pressure gauge near the plasma inlet to make sure your air pressure is not dropping off?

Swirl ring in good shape?

Is your orifice in the nozzle uniform and circular?

what kind of voltage is it showing in the THC section of firecontrol during the cut?

work is clamped on the metal
those are my settings and i tried multiple changes in IPM
table is new 3 weeks old as are the consumables came with the table
i ordered Hypertherm consumables still waiting
air is dry pressure is good

Can you take a close up picture of the orifice of the nozzle and electrode.

all your trouble shooting efforts are wasted till you have the right consumables in good working condition.

Something is wrong with either the torch or your settings. Can you post some pics of your tool setup in whatever program you are using for CAM? Maybe a video of what is happening when you try to cut?

We’re all just making wild guesses at what might be wrong, since it should work fine with your stated settings and air pressure.