Razorweld 45 not firing, but fires manually with the trigger

Here is a picture of it at the enclosure. I do feel like it should go in further than it does, but I may be wrong.

check for continuity on the other end of that cable (that plugs into the cutter) when you do a manual fire in firecontrol.

that’ll rule out if the port and or cable is functional.

1 Like

That’s not in all the way.

Well great, that’s something to try then, but I can’t seem to get it to go any further. lol Maybe I can figure something out.

Did you measure the pin diameter? It the panel has a 2.5mm pin and the cable is 2.1mm it will never go in all the way.

@FTLOT any luck?

Sorry for the slow reply. No luck yet. It appears neither of the two cables included will fit into that plug on the enclosure. They go in, but not all of the way. I’m thinking that’s my problem, but I’m kind of at a loss for what to do since you can’t just go get one of those cables at the store.

I think you can order similar cable you would have to splice it. There may be something wrong with the plug on the control box. Kinda funny but I guess not impossible that you would have received the wrong size.

You dont have the THC correct?

I would contact langmuir

Well, if you had measured the diameter of the pin, as I have recommended TWICE, you will most likely find that a 2.5mm connector was installed by mistake and Langmuir would have a replacement in the mail to you by now. Other than the pin being bent, that is the only plausible explanation. I suppose there could be some crud stuck in the bottom of the socket and that would have the same effect.

3 Likes

It measures out to 2mm unless I’m measuring wrong.

Correct I do not have TCH

Do you have a set of calipers or mics you can confirm the plug is correct? I am going to say nothing wrong I just looked at my box my plug looks just like yours. Your problem is elsewhere.

The Plug is not the problem. There is something wrong with the socket.

mine looks the same way not plugged in all the way 2 years never a issue. i would start digging into the
relay.

This is how mine plugs in, been working for a while. I’d say your issue is elsewhere.

Since your relay now clicks I’d think it’s narrowed down to your torch or wiring at the plasma/vim box

3 Likes

Ok, well I guess tomorrow I’ll do some more digging. Hope I can get it running pretty soon, got a project I need done in a month. lol

1 Like

unplug the cord at the plasma tell firecontrol to fire the torch see if you get continuity between the pins that will eliminate the relay. you can also use a paperclip on the plasma to bridge across to see if torch fires.

that is how i would do it but do it at your own risk.

2 Likes

If you really want to know which one of the front ports on the cutter is to fire the torch, take the cover off and trace the wires from each port. one pair will go to the work clamp and torch and the other to a set of wires go to the trigger switch. you might even be able to swap them if the ones going to the trigger are the ones going to the port that you say if different.

2 Likes