Razorcut 45 No Fire

I have a razorcut 45 with machine torch that I can not seem to get to fire. It was manufactured in May 2021 and we are just now getting around to set it up.

I have attempted to bypass the langmuir controls with just a basic switch and that doesnt seem to do anything. When the switch is pushed there is a green led that comes on inside the machine and goes off when the button is released, There is no arc or no air when the button is pushed. All of the connections have been checked multiple times, and I do have the switch plugged into the correct port. We verified this by checking the wires inside.

Does anyone have anyideas on what else I could try?

Thank you for your help

do you have a hand torch or machine torch attached? if hand torch, does it fire if you press the trigger?

It is a machine torch, I do not have a hand torch.

Hey Cliff,

Will the torch fire if you short the torch firing cable? To test this, you will need the plasma cutter powered on and set in a safe position to fire the torch, and the torch firing cable unplugged from the “torch on/off” port of the control box. Once your plasma cutter is powered on and in a safe firing position, use a paperclip (or other thin piece of conductive metal) to bridge the torch firing cable’s inner pin to the outer barrel. This should force the torch to fire.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I have tried this and the torch still will not fire.

Have you tested the torch to make sure it wired correct and no open circuits.

1 Like

When you try to manually fire the torch via FireControl, does a red status LED illuminate on the Motion Control Board, near where the relay is seated?

How much air pressure do you show on the front of the machine?

1 Like