Razorcut 45 CNC and manual torch interaction

I have a relatively new Razorcut with the CNC port. Everything works as expected under CNC control. The trigger on the torch is non-functional. Is this normal? I used the torch in manual mode before the rest of the unit arrived with no issue. I noticed the lack of function latter when I wanted to do a rough cut.

What are the pinouts for the X45 torch. They seem to be well hidden. I assume that I can do a continuity check to see if the torch trigger switch is functioning correctly.

1 Like

Unplug the CNC trigger cable and the hand torch should work.

I second this and can confirm that the trigger on the torch will not function if the plug-and-play cables are connected to the front of the Razorweld 45. As soon as you unplug the plug-and-play cables from the front, you will regain access to manual control over the torch via the trigger.

2 Likes

I tried by unplugging the cable - no joy. Here is exactly the step:

• Connect the air
  • disconnect the torch cable from the Razorweld
  • power on the Razorweld
  • all of the lights on the Razorweld are as expected
  • No Joy

One thing that I notice that may or may not be important. There is no “clicky” feel on the trigger of the torch.

I assume that there is a switch connection that I should be able to test with an meter. I am having zero luck finding the pinouts on the torch connector. I have tried a systematic test of the pins - there are only four. I can’t find any pair of pins that behave as I would expect but I may have missed the magic pair.

As I said the torch initially worked as expected. I did detach the torch cable from the unit to route it in the final setup. That should not have had an effect.

Where should I go for the next steps?

Will

Pins 1 and 9 are pilot arc pins and should have continuity across them as well as from the torch body to them. Pins 3 and 6 are the trigger pins and should show continuity when the trigger is pulled with the retaining cup installed.

And if you can’t get it figured out you can always call me. I will be glad to help.

I have figured it out. The trigger circuit is routed through two sense pins that contact the collector. They were dirty.

This was not apparent until I opened the torch and followed the circuit.

Will

So I have a similar issue. Used the machine last weekend with no problem. Went to use it today and no pilot arc either through fire control or manually. anyone have any ideas?

Iget air flow but nothing else

I hate to ask…your material clamp properly attached to metal?

Air pressure to low or a loose wire.