Razor weld cut 45 leaking air on from water separator

I have a razor weld cut 45. Worked fine yesterday. Unplugged my air to use on another tool plugged it back in and now air is leaking from the water separator . Not sure what to do. Turned the dial down along with my air pressure at my compressor all the way to 40psi and it still is leaking . Please help! Thanks in advanced

If your compressor puts out more then 135psi it may have cracked the plastic filter bowl. I would say it has some dirt or rust in the air drain. You will need to take the cover off and clean the drain. You may also need to replace the filer.

1 Like

Only have had it for a week so I don’t think it would be rusted already I live in a low humidity area the air is coming out of the bottom vent and bowl dosent appear to be cracked

It is a auto bleeder to let water out. If air is coming out of it it has something keeping it open. The valve in it will close at about 40psi if its working right.

1 Like

Called Razorweld support to adjust the air regulator as I was running at 61 psi and had been having lots of issues. I saw on the board that Support had recommended 75 psi, but the support person I talked to told me to set it to 85 psi. I did that and put the box back together and afterwards I started to hear air leaking from the water seperator drain tube and it doesn’t seem to stop. Going to call support tomorrow. Is this normal for it to continue to leak air or should it eventually stop? Curious what ever happened to OP’s issue and if it got resolved. Thanks

That isn’t normal. I would turn it down a little.

Thanks. That’s what I figured. I did turn the pressure down, but air still leaks from that drain line. It’s not a lot of air, but a low steady stream.

The drain most likely just has a small piece of dirt or rust in it holding it open.

Unhook the air from the unit unscrew the bowl from the reg and clean the drain valve.

Also check the valve area for a crack seen it a few times.

2 Likes