Razor weld 45 cutting 1/2" have you done it?

Yes I can change the start points and that’s a very good idea cause I have a large radius I can start off.
Sometimes the simplest stuff goes right over my head, thank you for pointing that out! I will have plenty of room for leads that way

2 Likes

First try on cutting 1/2" steel, Had to cut 40 pieces on 2 12"x12" plates. Most of the pieces fell right off with just a tap of a chipping hammer. no grinding or polishing, somehow was lucky enough to get it right the fist time. I was using the same consumables that I used for some AR 500 1/4" steel plate(5 small circles for targets), plus a couple 20 gauge small projects. I made it through roughly 34 pieces before I started having issues with my consumables. IPM was at 30 ipm(20 was good though too with lower amps), I believe 1.6 pierce with lead in, would have to check. I’m using a razorheld 45x with hand torch. was running a “hook” per minute with a drop of 10psi. I basically turned my compressor off so it wouldn’t kick on and stop my plas (electrical load stops it when it kicks on lol). So at roughly 6 minutes I would paus the program inbetween the cuts and let the compressor catch up and restart and repeat. was able to chip the dross off pretty easily. they cut pretty close to exactly how I needed to replicate them.

1 Like

I’m lost here, you cut 1/2” at 30ipm with a RW45?

sorry to confuse you, I mean -30% in fire control is what I dropped it down too. I adjusted the settings in firecontrol on the fly and that would basically put it at roughly 15 ipm to 20ipm. My mistake.

Wow that still seems pretty fast, I tried 10-12ipm and got the same results. Did you do any testing slower than 15 ipm? wondering if you saw much difference?

I am not sure I am brave enough to try 15 let alone 20. MAybe I need to man up!

I adjusted the feedrate all the way down as slow as it would let me go within fircontrol and it was just too slow, so i bumped it up 20% and 30%(firecontrol has it in percentage), and the cut time went from roughly 8 minutes to 6:30 per hook for cut time and once i landed around 15 20, it was at roughly 1:10 cut time per hook

1 Like