Razor 45 plasma Power needed

Hi
My electrician is upgrading my 110v plugs to 220v in the shop and ask me if the razor 45 plasma cutter can run off 208v because that’s what he can give me. I am not expert or have knowledge of electrical things and said people run this plasma cutter out of there garage and he said a house is typically set up for 215v min and up.

So I said I will ask on the forums . Will 208v min work for the razor 45 plasma cutter.

thanks

The specs say 230volts + or - 15%, which is around 34volts, so 208 is well within that range.

Where do you live that 208 is even an option?

1 Like

There are still some places in the USA that does not have 240 volt. Also a lot of times if you pull it from 3 phase you get 208 volt.

It should work fine, but the out put will be a few amps less.

4 Likes

everyday @mechanic416 amazes me with his wealth of information and the selflessness that he shows by sharing it with us all the time…

we all thank you…

heheheheheheh…

seriously…is is right about the 208…

1 Like

You think it amazes you, it amazes me some times.:rofl: When the switch turns the light bulb on I start typing. Some times the light bulb don’t come on until later or not at all.
Today other then this. I schooled my friends son on the workings of his front brakes on his pickup. Then my wife’s niece on the workings of the neutral safety switch on her standard trans car.
Now my head hurts so I am going to take a nap.

1 Like

Can the Razor 45 be ran off 110 ?

NO, it will not work on 120 volt.