PTM 60 machine torch for PW Cut 60

Don’t let this get out… if it does Toyota market share may take a hit. :wink:

1 Like

True United States is just part of Toyota’s empire though.

Toyota is the largest vehicle producer worldwide.

I think Tesla has the biggest market cap but that’s just driven by hype and people trying to gain status through purchasing things.

I am a huge Toyota fanboy.

1 Like

I think the issue is for it to be made in America 50 percent of the parts need to me made in America. A lot of parts hypertherm buys from third parties and those companies have moved off shore. If you open it up and you see where most of the parts are from.

You’re right.

I guess we could just draw the line at it is more American made than any other plasma equipment.

I guess that boils down too nothing is actually made in the United States.

Things are just assembled there from products sourced elsewhere.

Or even assembled in Mexico and just reboxed in America

As American asToyota, baseball and apple pie

2 Likes

Yes it’s the best. I did not mean to say anything negative. Just noticed that on my new 45. No complaints.

Interesting, I knew they were top 5 but I guess hadn’t looked at car company rankings for awhile. I guess Volkswagen took a hit after the diesel emissions scandal? And what happened to FIAT? Seems like a few years back they owned everything now they aren’t even listed in the top 10?

Baffles me that Tesla is that high, I guess I live in a bubble I don’t see that many of them on the road where I live.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So these are some pictures off my hypertherm 45 XP box , which it’s still in the box…

Screenshot_20220803-153921

“Engineered and assembled in the USA”

“Country of origin USA”

But on the SYNC consumables and adapter.

“Made in the USA”

1 Like

Unless it changed, that is the definition of Made is the USA, it must be assembled in the USA. that’s all.

1 Like

This is how your Federal trade commission sees it:

Here are to excerpts from the link below.

“According to the Federal Trade Commission, “Made in USA” means that “all or virtually all” the product has been made in America. That is, all significant parts, processing and labor that go into the product must be of U.S. origin.”

“What does “all or virtually all” mean?
“All or virtually all” means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no — or negligible — foreign content.”

@smgvbest welcome to The Forum.

3 Likes

Why am I not surprised you have the US FTC manual in your repertoire? :wink:

1 Like

Yes welcome to the forum!

So the torch body may be real Italian, cables from ??. It seems to me the bottom line is what you buy for consumables, as long as they all fit the same torch body.