PTM 60 machine torch differences chinese versus italian

Operational differences between the two? I’m bleeding into my table and can’t get a quality cut in 1/4" to save my life. I get recommended thing after thing after money intensive thing. I’m at my limit on spending because it’s not just cost of this, but ALSO need a holder for it and still don’t know how much that will set me back or where to get.

So I don’t want to spend money. Is there an actual operational difference between these two, or is it just for bragging rights?

1 Like

The holder is here for $75

I have the Italian Tecmo PTM-60 from @mechanic416 and can’t speak to the other torch. But George is offering the Tecmo for $395+Shipping for Langmuir users if you email him directly (as of this posting)…

1 Like

I can’t speak for the quality of the Chinese version, but I got the Italian one from George and I’ve been very happy with it.

If you need a torch mount, I designed a 3d printed one and put it on Thingiverse here. Machine torch mount for Langmuir Crossfire w/Z axis by starrcycles - Thingiverse

2 Likes

1 is of excellent quality and the other is probably a patent infringement.

As we all know they steal every idea someone has with “0” recourse.
That being said I’d buy the Italian from George.
motorman416@aol.com

1 Like

I built up a Chinese iPTM 60 torch using cable from an old cable bundle and a replacement torch head from Everlast. I did so after spending the money on an Italian version that proved defective. My homebuilt works really well now that my torch height is under control. My old cutter produced heinous noise and torch height was all over the place. all this said, I doubt that just changing torches will make a night and day difference.

1 Like

That’s as helpful as a 5 star review from Amazon from a person who didn’t even open the product packaging yet.

1 Like

I went with the x45 machine torch from PlasmaDyn. I have a ton of HyperTherm consumables left over and they use the same.

1 Like