Project size not what FireControl says

I am using Fusion 360 to create my projects, just switched from Mach3 to FireControl for cutting.

Here is a recent cut, with a circle just over 15", yes FireControl says it is 13 x7. Why is that?

Thanks

Can you post the gcode file? These numbers can sometime be off for lead ins/outs and kerf width but not usually this drastically.

1 Like

Best way to upload Gcode? If I copy and paste, it’s too many characters. Can’t seem to upload a text file.

Thanks

why are you tryin to load a text file…should you not be loading a TAP file into Firecontrol or even if an older table Mach3 takes TAP files…

you take your DXF or SVG and post process it to a TAP file…then use Firecontrol and open the file in FC…

1 Like

FireControl handles .txt files without issue. Gcode files are readable as text files.

You should be able to upload here or via email to support.

I meant to post the Gcode for you to view. Too many characters to cut and paste.

Thanks

You can use the following button to upload files here on the forum without having to copy and paste.
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.35.25 AM

Thank you. thought I had tried that.

circleK.txt (56.9 KB)

Ah yes- I am seeing the issue you are in 20.6. It seems the enclosing circle is being left out of the calculation for the overall width and height due to an arc issue. This has been resolved in the soon-to-be released version. I am seeing it sized at 27" not 15":

Was this scaled down when you cut? The DRO shows this as accurate sizing.

1 Like

I’m sorry I can’t remember the actual numbers, but FireControl showed it as a smaller piece, perhaps the size of the K. When I started cutting it, it was big, probably the 27". So I lost some material, then scaled it down in FireControl (awesome feature btw!)

Glad it will be resolved soon and something silly thing I had missed.

Thank you!