Program files to use

Need a bit of clarification please!
Would those of you who are proficient with the PRO please enlighten me as to which program files the fire control software need to have in order to cut parts? I create my part drawings using Corel draw and move those to Sheetcam and have picked from the post processor list firecontrol ver 1.6 edited. Then I seem to be limited as to my file output options to choose from to run the part. I have tried job file and that doesn’t work! So what am i doing incorrectly? I just wanna have fun!!! but cannot seem to be able to get what the machine needs. what does pro want??? tap, gcode,nc ?

Firecontrol can use either .tap or .nc files. Sheetcam produces .tap files when you hit the post process button.

I would use the Firecontrol v1.6 post processor unless you know what the edited version does differently.

1 Like

There is 4 different fire control post processor listed in sheet Cam, you want v1.6 as ds690 posted. The other 3 are an edited version, a mod version and mod edited version don’t use these unless you have a Thermodyne plasma cutter.

Hello Gents
Just wanted to thank you for responding to my question. There is so much I do not know! BUT, I’m trying!! Thanks again
Caddy

Hi DS690
Thank you for responding to my question! I have a great deal to learn! Thanks again
Caddy

1 Like