Problems with Deepnest, How to Nest or arrange in Fusion

When I import my DXF into deep nest it shows it to be 30" x 12.7" it should be 5" x 11.812"
any Ideas?
SR-019 v16.f3d (96.6 KB)
SR-019 v15.dxf (347.0 KB)

Scaling, check your scale in Deepnest import settings.

2 Likes

Given that 11.812 x 25.4 is 300.02, I’d say it’s a metric conversion problem. Inches to CM.

2 Likes

Everything I see looks ok? I must be missing something

Try changing your import units to metric, CM would be my guess.

1 Like

That did it on the import, strange how it nested them. When I exported it comes in to fusion off again. Tried CM in fusion that did not work. Not real impressed with the nesting job. Whole thing was like this.

I don’t know anything about that program, but given the regularity of the shape, I’m not sure you could get any more out of that area.

2 Likes

Yeah it definitely is not as good as other (paid) solutions. Sometimes it takes forever for it to return a good solution. For something like that, Firecontrol would probably be just as easy. You could control where the left over material is.

1 Like

Can you not array or nest in f360??

Use the pattern function in the manufacturing workspace it Fusion 360.

Develop a toolpath for one of those rectangles and then pattern that toolpath.

They use the word "pattern " in Fusion 360

in fusion they use the word " arrange" and it’s only for paid subscribers. And then they have advanced arrange it’s an add-on even for paid subscribers.

3 Likes

got ya… was just wondering why you would design if f360 then run through another program to nest.

1 Like

Ok I tried to use the nest feature but was not going to spend $1200 to use it. I will have to do some research on how to pattern the tool path. For now I may just use fire control to nest them being its such a simple shape.
Thanks for the Info guys!

1 Like

Basic arrange is included with a standard subscription. you were looking at advanced arrange add on.

check out this video on patterning :arrow_down:

Twitch

2 Likes

Perfect, now can I somehow download that or save it?
Why twitch over you tube?

I do plan on making some more polished videos for YouTube one day . twitch is just a good way of getting specific ideas out that are quick to the point for people’s specific issues.
I’m sure there’s ways to download a twitch video, this particular twitch video I made into a highlight so it does not expire.

1 Like