Problem completeing cut profile in fusion 360

I have been trying to cut out a pretty intricate skull file in fusion 360 and it either finished with errors and does not cut everything when I simulate or gets to 99.4 percent and never finishes. I have tried this about ten times now and cant figure it out. Anyone have any ideas? I would attach the file but it will not let me because I am a new user.

Check the lead ins and lead outs. they are little green lines with radii at the beginning and end of each cut, you might have to zoom in to see them. if there is no room inside the shape for it to fit it will skip the cut

The error I am getting is

Multiple contours have collapsed, unable to cut entire path

One or more passes were discarded due to linking constraints.

I’d break it into multiple toolpaths but generate them all as on post so you get a single tap file. It also makes it easier to deal with your lead-in/lead-out settings so you can have a path where the holes are big enough for normal settings as well as one for the holes that are too small and you’ll setup without lead-ins or with smaller values.

1 Like

Thank you. I have not done it that way before. How do you put multiple paths on the same post?

With the Setup highlighted just click on 2D Cutting. It will add a new toolpath and you can pick different settings and contours. I usually name the paths (highlight the name and click to enable editing the name) to match the contours I’m including in the path - like outside profile, small holes, large holes, lines…

When you have them all defined, move them in the order you want (I do inside to outside or small holes then larger holes). I always leave the final profile cut to the end so I don’t have to worry about things shifting when I’m cutting the interior parts. Just highlight the Setup when you post-process.

You can also use this technique to spread things out a bit so you’re not cutting a while bunch of stuff right next to each other if you’re having warping problems.

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate the help. I will give it a shot!