Problem after problem

which chokes are you guys using? are the all the same except for cable size?

bingo!!!
so I need 10 characters to finish a post…so here is the rest of the post to get 10 characters…

I ordered them off Amazon. Couldn’t tell you specifics until they arrive (tomorrow supposedly) I also ordered a “shielded” USB cable with chokes. I’ll post an update once I fit everything.

great visual for ferrite chokes

1 Like

I bought this table R45 in August 2020, I received it in December, and to this day I have not been able to make a complete cut without problems, I feel so frustrated, I have invested more than 6K for nothing.

1 Like

I bought this table in August 2020, I received it in December, and to this day I have not been able to make a complete cut without problems, I feel so frustrated, I have invested more than 6K for nothing.

I feel your pain.

1 Like

so…let us get this sorted out…you have problems…maybe we can help…
why not give us some information and we can help…

do you have the pro table? or the 2x2 table?
do you have THC?
are you running with a laptop or a PC?
is your computer system still grounded with the ground plug…or is it cut off to isolate the ground?
what design software and post processing software are you using?
do you have a big enough compressor and is the air filtered and dry…?
what plasma cutter do you have?
is your work clamp to the metal or on another part?

all this information will help us diagnose a problem.

1 Like

do you have the pro table?
-I have a CrossFire CNC 4x3

do you have THC?
-Yes, THC

are you running with a laptop or a PC?
-Laptop

is your computer system still grounded with the ground plug
…or is it cut off to isolate the ground?
I using the laptop unplugged.

what design software and post processing software are you using?
I using Fusion 360 for design and Fire-Control for cut

do you have a big enough compressor and is the air filtered and dry…?
Yes, I have a big air compressor and air filter system

what plasma cutter do you have?
Razor 45

is your work clamp to the metal or on another part?
I using the clamp direct to the metal sheet attached.

Now that we have that information, what problems are you experiencing? Have you been able to generate a cut file using the correct post processor for Fusion 360? If so, what issues are you seeing with cuts?

the problem is: at the begins to cut and at 30% of the progress, the torch turns off.
I insist on continuing and the head returns to the place where it was interrupted and makes the attempt but does not go beyond that point.
In one of the many insistence, it could happen, but quickly the failure is caused again. and for nothing, I can finish cutting the designed piece.

can you possibly post the file…the tap file…

Post a video.

Also what material are you cutting? some have said that cold rolled over hot rolled has issues maintaining continuity. cleaning metal at grounding area might help.
Bob

Can anyone recommend the proper Ferrite Chokes to use for the Crossfire Pro with a Hypertherm 45XP? I have read articles on Ferrite Chokes and it seems that the wrong ones could cause problems rather than fix problems. It is important to choose the correct ones for the frequency. Does Langmuir have an answer? What to use on the power supply cable, what to use on the motor cables and so on. Please read at this link: How Do Ferrite Beads Work and How Do You Choose the Right One? | PCB Design Blog | Altium.

I’m using these

20 Pcs Snap on Ferrite Core Cord Ring RFI EMI Noise Filter Suppressor Cable Clip for 3.5mm/5mm/7mm/9mm/13mm Diameter Cable, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0AV746/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_1VdE3w8oezrLr

And these usb cables

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Printer Type… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCWALHM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have no interference issues with my Hypertherm.

1 Like

i have that exact dryer. Hypertherm 30xp 3000 pierces hours on table. Only screwed up one project ( coupler ) most are signs 16.14.12. works perfect BTW still on same consumables

2 Likes

Why don’t you try a simple project, I have posted a couple bottle openers on fire share. If it doesn’t work explain it on here and these really smart guys will help you. I bet it’s a mistake you made reread follow instructions check table, wiring everything. Don’t give up cuz it’s a lot of fun when it’s dialed.