Probably an easy fix!

Hello all!
I am super new to this and have never laid eyes on the programming part. I have gotten stuck on the dang bottle opener even with the videos right in front of me. Although I don’t think it is something I am doing but rather it might be a setting. But it is something that I have not been able to figure out.
Has anyone had issues with video #6: https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion#cad6
For some reason I CANNOT get the image to move! The arrows pop up as they should and I can move the arrows as if the image is moving but the image remains unmoved.
When I import the skateboard the move feature works as it does in the video. I just can’t get it to move when I create the image. Even when I create a simple rectangle and then attempt to move.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks for listening!

Woot Woot. I figured it out. As I thought it was a real easy fix. I will put it here in the event another runs into the same.
I needed to remove or delete the coincident from the center point. I did that by hovering over the center point, right clicked and selected “Delete Coincident” and just like that I was able to utilize the move feature of the move/copy.
Thanks and your welcome!

Parametric design takes a consistency of thought process and attention to detail not needed in CAD of yesteryear. You found out firsthand that those pesky relationships will hide in the background and prevent you from making a change to your model, or it giving you an effect you don’t expect when you do.

It’s a great reminder to all the guys that are new to CAD that it’s best (RE worth the time it takes) to get in good CAD design habits early because it saves you a lot of time when you need to update a model, especially if it’s one you did 3 years ago before you got serious about designing thoughtfully. I’ve completely redone some models because I made them before I got formal training and they just broke as soon as you really started doing any real revisions.

Don’t be afraid of reference dimensions on models to help you make sure critical geometry doesn’t change when you change something else. It could save you a lot of frustration and material to catch it before you cut something.

Good luck!

2 Likes