PrimeWeld Cut 60 spec/information

Does anyone have the actual information of the PrimeWeld Cut 60 specs needed for tooling in Fusion 360?

I see no actual published data aside from forums and Reddit of guys saying all kinds of numbers.

I just need the Nozzle diameter, Kerf width and other specs to build the tooling properly for Fusion 360.

Please feel free share all amp consumables. I’ll probably only use to 60amp and 30 amp tips but for future readers I’m sure other consumable data will help them as well.

Thank you!

For nozzle diameter I just use 1" its not really that important to have an exact value here. It is used for clearance around possible tip ups.

Kerf width is variable based on your individual machine (though we have the same make an model it can still vary), consumables you are using and the age of the consumables, material type and thickness and cutting speed. I’m sure there are more I am leaving out. All this to say that any value you use will need to be verified on your particular application which will change sometimes even during a cutting session.

Most people I think start with the .055 value from the Langmuir videos and go from there.

In my experience (which isn’t much) if you add 0.01 to the orifice diameter it will get you close then test to get the actual kerf width.
If you are just doing artwork and you don’t need it exact you could use the 0.01+the orifice without all the testing… but I think its a good exercise either way.

Note: Don’t exceed the tip power rating. ie. if cutting at 35 amps use a 40 amp tip

This was posted by @mechanic416 related to different tip sizes.

mechanic416

Mar 5

This is what I have found to work with most plasma cutter nozzles/tips that most people have in their shops or garages. NOTE: Orifice hole size 1mm = .03937"

20 amp tip - 0.6mm/.025" - 15 to 20 amps - 50 to 55 psi

30 amp tip - 0.8mm/.030" - 21 to 30 amps - 55 to 60 psi

40 amp tip - 0.9mm/.035" - 31 to 40 amps - 65 to 70 psi

50 amp tip - 1.0mm/.040" - 41 to 50 amps - 65 to 75 psi

60 amp tip - 1.1mm/.044" - 51 to 60 amps - 65 to 75 psi

70 amp tip - 1.2mm/.047" - 61 to 70 amps - 75 to 80 psi

80 amp tip - 1.3mm/.051" - 71 to 80 amps - 75 to 80 psi

And this is a good kerf testing procedure from @TomWS

TomWS

Apr 7

Screw all the bogus advice you’ve gotten. Cut a 2-3" square. Use any kerf setting you think is close. Measure the resulting square. It’s error from 2.0000" is the error in your kerf setting. Adjust the setting to 1/2 the error (+/-) depending on whether it’s an inside cut or an outside cut.
This is not rocket science.

4 Likes

For a kerf width test I like the procedure of cutting a 2x2 square with a center line cut.

Then the difference in size between the cut square and 2*2 square is your kerf width.

2 Likes

Less math… I like it!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for all the info and replies.

I get my Cut 60 today and will run some tests. Again appreciate it!

So you mean I make a 2x2 square and if it cuts a 3x3 square or something like that, that’s my kerf width as crude a simplistic example?

Well it’ll never cut bigger than 2x2.

If you design a 2x2 square and then make your tool path to cut a center line cut for the outside perimeter.

A good example would be.

You make your cut you measure the square.

It ends up being 1.95 " in width.

2."- 1.95" = .05

Your kerf with is .05 for that particular material and those particular parameters.

1 Like

Ahhh I think I understand now thank you!

Think of the kerf as a saw blade. Lets say your cutting a 2’ square plate. If you cut out side the line the part should be the right size. If you cut on the line the part will be a little small and if you cut inside the line the part will be way to small. If your cutting a 2" square hole you cut on the inside of the line to get the right size.

3 Likes

that is a very good way or putting things in perspective…

For Future Reference.

Prime Weld Cut 60 w/ Machine Torch
Nozzle Dia: 0.04331in (1.1mm)
Kerf: 0.055in (1.397mm)
Cut height: 0.06in (1.5mm)
Pierce: 1/16in (1.5875mm)
Machine 35 AMPS 55-60PSI