Primeweld Cut 60 not firing, air issue?

Any one here having issues with the Primeweld Cut 60 Plasma, it has been working just fine up to today. Hand torch wont fire. Ive checked the hand torch for any sticking, all seems just fine. When i click the red set air button the air guage needle moves just slightly.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is the air supposed to fire when you push the button? It’s probably a bad air solenoid.

so you checked the electrode to make sure if pushed in, it springs back out? Also check the 2 small pins where the cap screws into. those should also spring back when pushed in.

Does air come out when you press the set air button? The default setting should be 2T when it springs back closed.

Does air come out when you press the trigger?

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply
Ive checked everything you had mentioned, no air comes out when i press the set air button. no air comes out when trigger is prressed either.

im perplexed as to why its malfunctioning now when i have never had an issue with it before.

I’ll have to double check but you should hear the solenoid click when you press the SET AIR switch and air should come out… are you getting air to the cutter from the inlet on the back?

It’s an electrical component. They work until they don’t. If it fails completely, there usually isn’t any warning.

The solenoid on my Everlast suffered from a weak spring after about 6 months. I took it apart and stretched the spring out some. It’s been working fine ever since. Mine would fail to fire intermittently, so it didn’t seem to be an electrical failure. Yours sounds like a complete failure of the solenoid or a wire came loose.

I’d confirm that you have air pressure to the machine first and then contact Primeweld.

2 Likes

I think we should all emblazon this quote in our shops!

Maybe in stainless steel.

Unless, of course, if @ds690 trademarks it. In that case, f’ him… :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds like the small trigger board went bad. It should still be under warranty. Primeweld will take care of it they are very good with warranty service.

Primeweld sent out a brand new unit under warranty. Good for Primeweld good for me!