Primeweld Cut 60 CNC wiring pins

I am not affiliated with Primeweld. I am just saying that the ones I have tested were all in the 50:1 range. All I am saying is to use the RAV and don’t use the CNC port. The only other thing is maybe people are plugging the RAV into the 50:1 port.

Yes I agree if the CNC port on the Primeweld is putting out more then the controller can handle then it will overload it.

Glad I saw this thread before wiring up my VIM. Seems like my Cut 60’s “50:1” pins put out around 10-12 volts when running. It’s almost like they’ve got the 13:1 one mixed up or something (I haven’t tested what the 13:1 outputs). I’m going to instead use the raw voltage pins (5 and 7) and run that into the raw input of the VIM instead, so at least I don’t have to open up the case.

1 Like

Did you wire it to the raw voltage inside or the CNC ports? If using the CNC port have you had good luck using it? Just curious

There are pictures in this thread

Only use the CNC port on that Primeweld cut 60 if it is on the top right. Divided voltage.

If the CNC Port is on the bottom right then use raw voltage.

2 Likes

I have mine wired to the raw voltage inside the machine. I was just curious who has and has not had issues. Initially I wired it to the divided voltage using the CNC port. Never had an issue but after reading the PSA from Langmuir explaining that some developed issues after making several successful cuts I switched it to the RAW voltage inside the machine. Justified or not I felt like I was operating a time bomb having it wired to the divided voltage.

2 Likes

Where did you get the diagram to hook cut 60 direct ?

@nicaDd has a tutorial he put together for PrimeWeld

1 Like