PrimeWeld Consumables ( SOLVED )

Good morning all, I’m in a pinch and need to get some .8mm or .9mm consumables doe my Primeweld Cut60 with IPT60 hand held torch. Do the harbor freight 40A consumables fit? The only thing I have now is the 1.1mm tips that came with the cutter, and I’m going to need to bust out some 1/8” aluminum parts for a customer. I read that @mechanic416 had said the harbour freight 40A consumables went to the HF ipt4p torch, not sure if they are compatible. Thanks in advance!

Welcome,

The harbor freight 62204 and 64808 use the ipt 40 torch and are the 0.9mm tips. But you most likely won’t find them as they no longer sell those plasma cutters and the Titanium tips don’t work.

1 Like

Alright thank you @mechanic416 do you have any advice for using a 1.1mm tip on 1/8” aluminium?

Cut fast and make sure your cut with is set right.

10-4 so like 200ipm, 45A? Does cut height need to be tighter or looser? .06 a good cut height still, 55psi?

Just put through an order for 40A tip set, look forward to trying those out whenever payment, then shipping gets received :blush:

Your order will ship on Tuesday. Thank you for the order.

1 Like

I also ordered a Machine torch from you, just so you know I do have the PrimeWeld Cut60, it had said you need to know for what machine and I figured I could most easily contact you through here

Hey George! So I got the PT60 machine torch and I got it all set up and it won’t fire, i tried it with the manual torch button in fire control and I hear the relay click but nothing from the machine or the torch, and the air does not kick on through the torch

@mechanic416

Set the air on the plasma cutter to 60psi output and it will fire. You have the air set to low. Torch was tested before it was shipped so I know it works.

I had the air set to 65psi, and I checked all my connections, hand torch still fires just fine but it seems like maybe it’s not getting signal, does the new cut60’s need the other two pins that the hand torch has?

1 Like

Call me 302-690-6995

1 Like

The torch had a bad factory crimp on the pilot arc wire. It worked here when I tested it but shipping and so on must have caused it to pull the wire out of the connector. @Catalyst was happy to test it and he made the wire repair. It is working fine now.

7 Likes