Powermax plasma system consumables for razercut 45 with x45

After lots of searching through the forums and couldn’t find anything regarding this, I have a Razercut 45 with the x45 torch. Hypertherm makes Powermax plasma system consumables where instead of a 5 stack on consumables, it has one. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if it works, if not I’ll order one to test it but before I get to that point I figured someone on here may have tried it, thanks

Link to the Powermax plasma system consumables if you’re unfamiliar - Plasma, waterjet and laser cutting systems from Hypertherm

Welcome to The Forum.

I’m not sure if the hypertherm PowerMax to sync adapter would work in the razorweld. I know the torch basically takes the clone consumables of the Hypertherm PowerMax.

I do use the adapter in a regular hypertherm PowerMax torch and it works well.

1 Like

No they will not work. They are for the Sync Hypertherm 65,85 and 105 plasma cutters.

3 Likes

I see, even with the sync adapter that fits the 45xp as @TinWhisperer mentioned? I know the 45xp has slightly different consumables the the X45. Thank you both for the help I’m still new to all of this

what torch do you have? Is it the power max 45, the 45 XP or something different?

I have a

059477 Powermax65/85/105 180° full-length machine torch assembly with 7.6 m (25 ft) lead

428592 Kit: Hand torch lead replacement, 6.1 m (20 foot)

428951 SYNC Cartridge Adapter for Powermax Units

Both will accept the adapter

What is your honest opinion on the adapter and the sync cartridge switch? Going from standard to fine the price probably would be close by the time you changed the whole consumable pack.

it is nice to have the option to use either.

the SYNC compared to the powermax does last about 2 electrodes and nozzles+ but still costs about 20% more (compared to 2 electrodes and 2 nozzles ) and you do not get the benefits of the SYNC interface. Once you start to factor in shields, deflectors, swirls rings, retainers, the powermax will need over time the cost difference becomes closer to even.

SYNC cuts nice and seems to have a smoother sound and a snappier torch OFF then the powermax consumables.

I am very comfortable with powermax, I do tend to lean that way so maybe I am not giving the SYNC a fair enough chance.

What I was most excited about were the kerf widths the SYNC original boosted about . I could not get near the chart kerf widths when i tested, they have since revised the kerf width chart and the fine sync consumables. I’ll haven’t tried the REV B SYNC fine cuts yet.

3 Likes

Not to rail a thread do you remember approximately what the fine kerf you was getting? Fot most of the stuff I do the need isn’t there. Just curious what difference one can get with them.

SYNC REV A fine cut were almost the same kerf as standard powermax finecut. .04-.05" ish on 14 ga mild steel .

2 Likes