POWDER COATERS xxxx

hi everyone looking into powder coaters what is everyones favorite? see red line eastwood,hypersmooth, next question who is the best to purchase powder coating supplies

You can narrow your list a lot by deciding on how much youā€™re willing to spend.

How big is your oven?
How often will you p/c?
Going to do any trick or fancy colors?

Where is the best place to purchase powder coating supplies? colors

I have the hypersmooth from Columbia coatings. I really like the way their powder sprays in that machine. There is also nothing wrong with prismatic powder. I have heard a lot of good things about power by the pound I have never used it though. There is also some higher end powders but you have to buy them in bulk I believe.

1 Like

I use the redline ez50 gun. Most of my powder is from Prismatic. Used columbia coatings too. Both are great. High temp tape and hooks I get from Amazon.

1 Like

Have you tried using a vinyl cutter with high temp vinyl?

Iā€™ve watched a ton of YT powder coating videos. Hereā€™s a gentle playlist thatā€™s geared for getting started with little start up expense.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t yet. Something ive been wanting to try though. Ill watch those videoes

The last hooks I bought was from a place called argon masking. Crazy cheap you just have to buy bulk. There are several places like that you just have to but a couple thousand at a time.

I wish I had the business to need that many hooksā˜¹
Im getting there, slowly but surely. Do you use a chemical stripper? Iā€™m using stripoxy 6842. Works awesome. Takes about 30 minutes to take off powder. Works fast on mill scale. 5 minutes

I do vinegar bath for mill scale. Most of my stuff is new when I do have to strip I use citrus strip. It works overnight.

On the hooks I like the c v hooks you can get 1000 for around 50 bucks. Well that is if shipping doesnā€™t eat you up.

1 Like