Post processor Langmuir compatible

100% new to all this, so please don’t think of me as stupid. Everybody has to start somewhere. I have a Langmuir Crossfire Pro that I’ve only been able to cut a few parts on, but it’s stopped me in my tracks. Every file I try to cut I get the message telling me there is no speed set and the file can’t be opened because I need to download a Langmuir compatible post processor. Where do I find one?? Now remember, I’m 100% new to all this. My wife is retired and I’m disabled and we were hoping this would give us something to keep us busy in our old age. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think this is what your looking for…there are install instructions there as well.
This is a link to the SheetCAM and Fusion360 Post Processors,

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/downloads

hey welcome…and we are here to help…
to begin with…what software are you using to design with?
we need to know that to make sure you are getting the right information.

A Langmuir post processor for FreeCAD would make that package an affordable replacement for F360 which would be much appreciated by many users.

1 Like

That is pretty interesting , I see here that they have the ability to customize your own post processor as well.

Path work bench free cad

Free CAD custom post processor

I also see the value in using 2D CAD software in place of fusion360 if you’re not utilizing its 3D modeling or parametric aspects.

1 Like

I use FreeCAD for any of my parts that need accurate dimensions. It doen’t get much simpler than exporting the sketch or body and importing into Sheetcam for post processing.

Using the Path workbench seems like it would be a more time consuming process, even if you wrote a post processor that was compatible with Firecontrol.

1 Like

I have yet to even try the path workbench since I’m still learning to make drawings in FC, but the possibility of having one integrated (and inexpensive) package to replace F360 seems like a good thing to me. I’d be willing to try to learn how to do it if a pp was available, and possibly learn to create macros to streamline the process.

So does sheetcam work for the firecontrol? Because ive been trying to use freecad and i understand the designing in freecad better but i need it to be able to go the the firecontrol so i can cut with my crossfire pro! And it works because i downloaded ready to cut files off this page and they cut nice but everything i make and save on freecad (with tooling/g-code ) i cant get the firecontrol to even see them in a folder to be able to cut what i make! If you can please help me figure out a way to not use fushion360 (which i dont like at all) that would be awesome thank you

you need to go from freecad to sheetcam to firecontrol. sheetcam is where you crate the gcode.

2 Likes

Yes. Sheetcam works with any DXF or SVG file. It doesn’t matter what program it covers from. It has to be properly designed for plasma cutting, though.

Firecontrol requires G code files to be compiled with a compatible post processor. I’m not aware of a FreeCad path workbench post processor that will work with Firecontrol.

All of my drawings are done in either FreeCad or Inkscape and imported into Sheetcam for creating toolpaths and post processing into a .tap file that Firecontrol can use.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone the sheetcam worked great for that one time! Hopefully ill get more time to play with my machine here in the future! Does anyone know where to find different frame mount files for like suspension work? Im redoing restomodding a 54 chevy 3100 5 window truck that i want to air bag and want to build my own suspension setup for it