Post Processor - G-code for XR

Anyone using Aspire, can you tell me what Post Processor you are using. Thanks.

Jerry you are able to program plasma stuff with aspire? i have Vectric Desktop pro but i assumed i would have to use sheet cam to make the G-code.

Thanks for the reply, I have a cnc router table and Aspire has a G-Code specifically designed for it. Thought they may have one for the XR. Just ordered the XR, so I’m sure I will have plenty of time to work this out before it ships.

Unless you are capable of writing your own post processor, the only Firecontrol compatible post processors are written for use with Fusion 360 and Sheetcam.

You could design in Aspire, as long as you can export a DXF or SVG file and then use Sheetcam for toolpaths and post processing.

1 Like

OK, I’m going to be using SheetCam, have already got it. When I go to Options/Machine/Post processor tabs there is at the middle of the page a box just below the words “Post processor”, when I click the down arrow a long list of post processors appear. Now this is where I get stuck, I see in the list “FireControl-v1.6”. Is this the lastest one for the XR, or is there an updated version and if so where do I find it. Thanks so much.

Firecontrol v1.6 is the latest post processor. There is no XR specific version.

Thanks, ds690, got an answer in 30 minutes. Wow this forum is going to be helpful.

2 Likes

@Jerry_Harrell you have no idea how supportive and helpful everyone here is.
I came here with zero CNC and only basic plasma experience

this group helped me understand all the terminology (which I still get mixed up on)…
they helped me understand my mistakes…and I have made many…

but always remember the m,ore information you provide on the problem and your system the easier it is to solve…

and always give back…

3 Likes

Thank you for posting that Jerry. I have invested a lot in getting a new XR table and I still don’t even know about CAD, CAM or how to get the parts from there into the tables computer. I am under the assumption that I need a computer to design the parts and then I have to plug the computer into the monitor that comes with the XR so they can interphase with one another. I’m reading every single comment on this forum and I am watching all the langmuir videos, but it’s still confusing. whew!

Thanks for your comment, JetWeld. I have a CNC router table that I have been using
for five years. I have a computer in my house that I use to design my work, I use Aspire for design and it also creates the G-code. Then I load the G-code onto a zip drive and take it out to my shop and load it on the CNC router table computer. Been working pretty good, but I think I will use SheetCam for creating the G-code for my XR. Seems to be what most that upgrade are using and I know I can always get help here on the forum. My order number is 33190, Langmuir says it will delivery in December, really hope so. I still have a good bit of work to do to get my shop ready for it. Good luck with your build and if I can help in anyway give be a call. Jerry

1 Like