Post process problems

I can get Fusion 360 to post process. this is the error I’m getting.
please help it’s making me Nuts.
Thanks

Information: Configuration: Generic 2D
Information: Vendor: Autodesk
Information: Posting intermediate data to ‘C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Fusion 360 CAM\nc\1001.nc’
Error: Failed to post process. See below for details.

Code page changed to ‘1252 (ANSI - Latin I)’
Start time: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 6:38:33 PM
Code page changed to ‘20127 (US-ASCII)’
Post processor engine: 4.5729.0
Configuration path: C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts/generic 2d.cps
Security level: 1000
Include paths: C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts
Configuration modification date: Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:23:55 PM
Output path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Fusion 360 CAM\nc\1001.nc
Checksum of intermediate NC data: b1d9ee8f378f0fe1dc72047690a94793
Checksum of configuration: 75d1ae15fbf325ffef675430cb2134db
Vendor url: http://www.autodesk.com
Legal: Copyright © 2012-2013 by Autodesk, Inc.
Generated by: Fusion 360 CAM 2.0.9512

###############################################################################
Error: Waterjet, laser, and plasma cutting toolpath is not supported by the post configuration.
Failed while processing onOpen().
###############################################################################

Error:
Error: Failed to invoke ‘onOpen’ in the post configuration.
Error: Failed to execute configuration.
Stop time: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 6:38:33 PM
Post processing failed.

Don’t know anything about fusion but are you using the firecontrol post in it?
:goat:

You need to drag langmuirs post file into.your fusion folder and then select it in fusion360 when you go to post process it. Sry forgot the name of the file but it’s in the langmuir downloads.

Make sure you have this. If not you need to drag this file into your fusion360 folder.

Drag into posts folder. I think. Pretty sure.

1 Like

Also try this…
I bet it will help alot and explain it better.

I have a question? In the setup folder did you select cutting? And is the tool set-up for Plasma or was it left at another type of tool? When you select the tool in the CAM side did it list it as Plasma? If you haven’t loaded the Langmuir Post Processor go to the Langmuir home page and go to the CAD/CAM tutorials and it will help you. Go down to the last category and scroll down to A5.

thanks for your help, it’s all working and cutting great!!!

1 Like

When I download that file it says langmuir systems mr-1 , I am using crossfire pro. Is this the right file because i’m getting an error code

No. You need to download the file that says Firecontrol 21.1.5 near the top of the downloads page.

1 Like

I have firecontrol 21.1.5 installed on my computer i made a plate in f360 and tried to write the gcode and was getting error code. i read that i needed cutcontrol post processor file so i downloader fusion 360 post (v1.0) . didn’t help. this is what i’m getting

That’s the wrong post processor. Cut control is for milling machines. You need the Firecontrol post processor.

I don’t use Fusion, so I can’t tell you how to install and select it.

1 Like

that is the only post processor on langmuir site of downloads

so i went back to there site and found a different one going to try that . thanks

1 Like

I got it figured out thanks

2 Likes