Please Explain CNC Voltage Ratio

I don’t understand what a CNC Voltage Ratio is. I’m looking at an Arcforny but it says to make sure the CNC supports 1:1 voltage ratio. I don’t know what this means, can someone explain it to me?

As I look around for a value price plasma cutter I need to know what to look for.

Thanks,
Jerry

that plasma cutter doesn’t have divided voltage. that is done so you are not putting high voltage into the control box. the vim box for Langmuir will accept 1 to 1 or raw voltage it just has to be hooked to the raw voltage side.

1 Like

So voltage ration isn’t really a concern for the crossfire pro?

You can do raw 1 to 1 or 50 to 1 either of the two …

1 Like

so to clairify…
Raw voltage or 1:1 voltage means it is the real voltage on the plasma cutter and it need to go into the RAW voltage input on the Langmuir VIM box.

Divided voltage (common 50:1) means the raw voltage is reduced meaning if you read 1 volt on the output it is actually 50 volts inside…if your plasma has a 50:1 divided voltage output it goes into the DIV input on the VIM box…

1 Like

As @toolboy stated. But it has nothing to do with the table, its the output of the plasma cutter. If its setup for 50:1, 1:1, 16:1 and so on.

If it does not have a CNC port it is 1:1 RAW voltage and needs to be set up that way.

2 Likes