Plasma water table anti-corrosion fluid options

I just got 1/8" x 2" copper bars from the local metal shop and I am going to cut a 45* profile. I also installed a drain valve connected to a hose with the idea to drain the pan every few days and with the copper slats, I hope the rest will go away. Thanks for all the responses

1 Like

Using the sterling cool. Only 3 days in but not a sign of rust on anything.

1 Like

I’ll be trying this out when my table arrives. The price they charge for coolant+shipping is ridiculous.
If it works well I’ll owe ya a sixpack dude!

@Cletus

Hello Cletus.
I was wondering how your recipe is working for you?
Do you refresh the plasma table tank every year or how many years has it been in the tank?
Do you still use your DIY or have you changed to something else?

Does anyone else use this recipe?
How is it working for you and how long does it last in your tank?
Thanks for your time.
Kimball.

1 Like

I use that recipe. I mixed one batch to make 75 oz of mix and put 1oz/gal into the water whenever I add new water. I have used about 1/2 of the 75 oz in two years. I mostly replace what’s lost due to evaporation (which isn’t much when I’m not using it and it sits in the tank).

I don’t use my table all that often, but now there is only a bit of incidental surface rust on the slats. Frankly I don’t know what all the fuss it about… This works and doesn’t come much cheaper.

I suppose, if you want your water table to look like Cote d’Azure, then you probably have to pay extra for that. In my case, I’m ok with it looking like a bayou backwater…

3 Likes

Works just fine. I’ve only changed my fluid once since owning the table and in retrospect, there was really no reason to do so. I usually just top-up loss from evaporation with water. I flood the table just before cutting, and let it down into the reservoir after cutting (I’ve never overflowed the table as I have a sensor probe which trips the bilge pump off when fluid is 3/4" from the brim). Also, the fluid remains clean as any fine particulate, which was once in suspension, settles and stays at the bottom of the reservoir.

1 Like

you have to be careful with home recipes for plasma water…I am sure both @TomWS and @Cletus would agree they are fine especially after you get used to the third ear that can grow on your head…

2 Likes

…Oh, it’s supposed to grow on your head??? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sterling cool plasma fluid why risk your health with home brews !!!

1 Like

Leave out the dye IMHO as it just stains your fingers when retrieving metal.

1 Like

although this is better than some things…every fluid additive has it’s own hazards…
I still wear a respirator when cutting steel even if I was using clean water…burning metal has hazards alone.

2 Likes

Not enough dye to stain, but I always want the contrast

a little too much if this happ
ens

2 Likes

So do you guy have any favorite stores to purchase these ingredients?

Thanks to all that respond.:+1:

I used Amazon.com.

I got everything but the water from Amazon…
And as others have mentioned, you can probably skip the dye.

@BCBOY
keep in mind that sometimes chemicals are not able to be shipped in Canada or available to us through amazon…

It took me 2 months to get my Nitrite, be careful with Amazon they will set you up with Nitrate instead.

1 Like

@cleltus. i live in a commie ass state and apparently they dont want to ship physan 20, know of a good substitute?

Some are using only Borax on a Pro table. How is this t working and how much borax are you putting in your table?