Plasma table with Laser Beams!

This is brilliant, I love it.

tried he link but get error on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313usable+650nm+16+68mm+200mw+Red+Module&_sacat=0&_nkw=648nm+adapter+Laser+Foc

Is this it?

Tom where did you get this mount with room for the lasers in it. Is this the original crossfire? Did you make it or buy it from someone? Has anyone done this on a pro yet.

The mount is @Lil_Abners_Kustoms machine torch mount. I simply drilled and tapped an M3 hole in it and mounted a 3D printed Laser Diode holder of my own design on it. I can post the STL file if anyone is interested. I’ve added a similar holder to clamp on to the spindle on my CNC router as well.
Both are very handy for setup and the CrossFire one is perfect for aligning sheets along the Y axis for Indexed cuts.LaserMountV3a.zip (9.6 KB)

Yeah, if you wouldn’t mind posting the .stl for it, that would be great. Son has 3dprinter so it will give him something to do.

Ha, I forgot about this. I feel a project coming on!! :rofl:

just purchased some to play with…

https://www.amazon.ca/WayinTop-Adjustable-Positioning-Sighting-Telescope/dp/B07ZNKTCLQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=29QEJ14YFZPS2&dchild=1&keywords=laser+line+pointer&qid=1607011638&sprefix=laser+line%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-3

gonna do what TomWs did…except not as fancy…
I just noticed the tape measure on the X axis…gonna do that also

Focus it first at the distance you’ll be mounting it and then align the line after you put it in the holder trying not to affect the focus. One caveat, water splash will wet the lens and distort the line so have a paper towel handy to dab the lens dry after your cuts.
It’s not water proof, but I haven’t sealed mine and they’ve been working fine since February without a problem. The only issue is keeping the lens dry.

2 Likes

like going to the bathroom…each time you finish…wipe!!!
ahahahahaha

Now thats funny right there…i dont care who you are!

Here’s what I purchased from Ebay. I purchased 2 of them to put 1 on the torch holder and the other on my cutzilla when I can get around to finish installing my table and the cutzilla. I’m gonna remove the round bottom plate and mount it to my torch holder as @RaceWear did. That is a really nice setup. The only drawback is that it take about a month to receive it. It is shipping from Standard SpeedPAK China/Hong Kong/Taiwan. I have a full can of Lysol waiting upon arrival.

1 Like

here are some on ebay US ship.

1 Like

neat…extra

Not trying to ‘outbid’ you, but the ones I bought last week from Amazon were 2 for 7.99 Prime.

1 Like

I like this and am curious. How has this been working for you since you installed it? Do you have any more pictures showing the detail of how you have this mounted and wired in?

Now that you have had this in place for some time (assuming it still is), what would you change?

Just spent 8 bucks at amazon…thanks Tom :beer:

:goat:

1 Like

One word of warning: Your goats will be confused by the moving red pointers… Not sure what to do about that.
Cheers.

1 Like

Now to make a mount…are these 3-5v :sweat_smile:

Yeah, pretty tolerant of voltage. Just don’t go above 6V. I have them hardwired to a 1S LiPo and this works well. Easy to keep charged and certainly bright enough.