Plasma options for xr

Hey guys! New to the forum. I’m patiently awaiting my payment email. order number 28805. It’s time to pull the trigger on a new plasma. What do you guys think about the everlast 102 w/ the cnc package? Should I just stick with buying the hypertherm 45?
Thanks in advance

The 102i is a very capable machine. We picked up an 82i CNC. Evidently there is some wiring/soldering that needs to be done to work reliably (no big deal according to others on the forum). Not installed yet - waiting for the XR to get here. We have two other Everlast units (TIG and MIG). Have been reliable and perform really well.

1 Like

Welcome.

It really depends on what kind of material thickness you plan on running normally.

I almost bought the 102I everlast. I have a everlast 60s which served me very well until I got my PowerMax 85.

Personally I think hypertherm is the best thing going by a country mile. Everyone else is either trying to play catch-up or copy what they can from them.

If you’re running thinner materials the PowerMax 45xp is going to run circles around anything else that you can buy in that output range.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input. I’ll primarily be cutting .1875 p&o carbon steel. But will definitely be cutting thicker and thinner occasionally. What are the benefits that stand out the most with hypertherm?

Made in the USA

Long lasting and high quality consumables. also finecut available.

quite Intermittent fan operation.

Automatic Variable PSI output based on amperage setting and high flow post flow settings.

Accurate cutting charts with nominal voltage settings.

Accurate kerf width charts.

Duty cycles.

error code output on display.

cap switch sensor which lock out machine when switching out consumables.

those are some of the top reasons for me.

1 Like

Great info! Thank you.

1 Like

What did you end up purchasing? I have a power max 45, but I was looking to buy the everlast 102i as well. Mainly because it will cost 700 for a machine torch and my powermax45 will be limited on thickness still. Or I could buy the everlast for $1800 and have 100 amps…. Haven’t seen many reviews of the 102 though.