Plasma cutter wont stay lit

cannot confirm :slight_smile: have launched tens of pilot arcs, and only some small burning marks were visible on the electrode and oposite part (nozzle from inside) - it was pretty easy to clean them with grinding fleece - they looks like new

it is because a low amperage is used on my site (?) I do think so.

but the nozzle from outside has been polluted with back-blow of molten steel and also the copper around the nozzle hole was discolored from the heat of the cutting/pilot arc. lucky that the hole is still round and not deformed through the plasma arc.

but globally agree - some parts gets worn by usage - and sure more when more amperage is used and thicker materials are cut. :+1:

hi friends. Robert is back with good news !

also like expected - new nozzles with hole diameter 1.0 (instead of 1.3) are working very well !

the day is saved again ! :slightly_smiling_face:

15A + 60psi on very thin stainless steel 1mm

I hope all is clear now…

Right pressure with right hole diameter and right amperage and it must transition from pilot arc into cutting arc without problem everytime.

Good luck and no need to buy expensive consumables, I have ordered from Aliexpress and they works like expected… (psssst. luckily.)

1 Like

Front side after run:

3 circles - no one missed shot (cut) from side into material… transition OK.

Clearance between nozzle and steel sheet about 2 mm (and varies slightly because it is not straight and also the table is rough old welding table… but no problem :slightly_smiling_face: )

1 Like