Part cuts and stops part way into run

I was having a problem with my machine not firing but I opened it up and the connectors were not making full connection due to being the pinch style… it now fires when prompted to but the program seems to start cutting and shuts off part way. I know its not the file because the architectural part seems to do the same thing. I was trying to upload a video but I cant seem to do so due to file type. Im a computer noob.
any help would be appreciated.

Are you clamping your “work clamp” directly to the part? If not you might try that.

Also if you’re running Windows 10 you need the Mach3 patch and change pierce to milliseconds. When you do that remember to set the G4 parameter in Mach3 so it “sticks” and use 1000 for 1 second in your pierce parameter in Fusion.

It might look like it’s stopping a cut early but check that it’s not simply not starting the arc in pause. Set a lead in length that’ll be apparent if it doesn’t do the pause, pierce and then move on. If that’s the case it’s likely the millisecond issue in Mach3.

I had actually clamped it to the material but still had issues. I hit one of the front buttons on the machine itself and it went ape shit and was like a rocket taking off so I grabbed the clamp and it started arcing out as I unclamped it. I was able to finally get it working right but still having firing issues due to the crappy connectors we are provided for taping into the trigger wires.
thanks for your time

I think ive got this running right except for the firing is still not flawless due to the crappy connectors. I will be taping into the trigger wires another way as soon as I get some time. thanks for your help.

The clamping crimp taps are pretty standard but do require getting the size right and crimping tightly. They aren’t foolproof though - most every car & motorcycle forum is filled with problem reports with these things.

I use posi-taps when I don’t do a proper solder & shrinkwrap process. I haven’t had posis fail in use in years. They also have waterproof ones if you end up using them for other things.

Amazon has them but so do most auto parts stores and even Walmart. They are wire gauge specific.

Posi-tap Connector, 16-18 Gauge Wire

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00389R8KU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_L6GeDbS9TGGVX

1 Like