Outside the parameters :)

So since i have access to CNC operated plasma cutting I really struggle with looking at my hack job hand cut things. SO… I needed a safety catch to be able to work on my telehandler without getting squashed. I spent a lot of time thinking about how to go about this. Originally I thought I should just get plate steel and then weld it together. then I though tubing would be so much easier. I had to make some clearance so i pulled the slats out and set the tube on the bottom of the pan. The first pass it cut perfectly. The second pass it cut well… perfectly EXCEPT in my haste to get the second cut made I totally friggen did a boner move. I rolled instead of flipping end-for-end the tube to make the second cut ~DAMN~ So I quick drew up some patches so I could salvage my brain child. I ended up with 2 braces instead of one after the fact but I was absolutely fuming at how dang dumb I was for rolling the tube I totally knew better and had it planned out. One thing worth mentioning is that the tubing popped very loudly when it got to the end of the 1st cut. CRAZY. I probably should not have had water in the tray I think that made the heat difference between the top of the tube and the bottom more severe than it would have been otherwise. Here’s some pics to show what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

IMG_2482

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Dang man, what a cool project, opens up the level of what can be done with these tables.
Love to see this stuff, thanks for posting!

Thanks. Sorry the pictures wouldn’t fall in the right order. Hopefully you get the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like