Optimal Nesting

That’s a way it would probably work with sheetcam.

I’m going to try that and see if it will generate it.

I have a file I made for sawtooth slats that I think is pretty genius, makes it so there is no wasted material and half the torch time. I purposely designed it to avoid overlapping paths and planned on just nicking the edges with a grinder to break them apart.

1 Like

I am still working on the common line cut solution.

Getting close I think. Simulation looks good. Will try cut in the shop tomorrow.This is going to be an expensive experiment if it fails :slight_smile:

Do you folks think there might be an issue with plasma flow when the horizontal cut intersects already done vertical cut? Hopefully this will not extinguish the arc at such intersection.

It is clear this is an overkill optimization, but I wanted to get it finished anyway.

Should just go right on past it. Like it’s an edge start. It would have to be at least a full second until the arc gets lost. At least from what I’ve seen with my hypertherm.

2 Likes

Quick update - cut succeeded mostly, but there was one problem. I am not sure what it is caused by, but it might be CNC table HW related. I will post separately on this.

Vertical cuts ended up shifted down by an inch or so, as shown below. Other then that dimensionally the plates are good.