Old PowerPlasma 50S or new PowerPlasma 62i CNC

Hi All,
I just received my Crossfire Pro, and do not have it built yet (still running wiring and running air, compressor, cooling, etc.)

I currently have an old Everlast PP 50S - which here on the forum it seems like people have had success with.

I am wondering if I should shell out $400 for a machine torch and roll with the old 50S
or plop down $1100 on the PP 62i CNC package on sale,
and sell the 50S ?

Any experience you have with one or both appreciated, specifically, will I be sad and wish I just went to 62i package ?

I do not have goals of production cutting of thick (over 3/8") steel.

wow…ok…I have the 62i with machine torch…

so here is what you need to consider…what are you going to be cutting?
the 50s is a great little machine as long as you run it on 220v…that way you get reasonable duty cycle times…
if you are going to be doing thicker metal you will not be happy with the 50s…

there is nothing wrong with the hand torch…many people have been using them for a long time…but I do highly recommend the machine torch as it puts less strain on the whole table and it allows you to change consumables without removing the torch from the holder.

I would suggest you buy the machine torch for mow…go with what you have…and if you want to cut thicker…then you can upgrade to the 62i as the machine torch fits both units.

just remember 1 thing…some people get Everlast’s to run off the CNC plug with divided voltage …i personally do not recommend that…it is best to go inside the machine and tie into raw voltage…there are instructions on the forum…just search my name…I put pictures up a while back

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback - yes I have read a few posts about the raw voltage, and I am running it on 240v.

It just seems like I keep reading about various issues suggesting a machine torch better option, and the hand torch lead that comes with the 50S is pretty dang short.

yup…with the hand torch you are limited in the placement of the plasma…machine torch is a better choice.