Old dog new tricks

Hello everyone, Im not one to post on forums or social media much, however ive been reading here for a while before and after i recieved the crossfire pro. I must say the people on here are very informative, and some are insanely genius from some of the creations they have done. Myself Im an almost retired red seal machinist and millwright , have my own machine shop at home plus full time job ,and i was thinking of trying something new and the pro seemed to fit. I have a powermax xp hooked to it and have done some monkeying around nothing too deep. Been dealing with eliminating the dross issue like most but ive run into something i cant seem to figure out whats going on. testing a 2 1/2 " square on 16 gauge mild steel and always get dross worse on 2 adjacent sides and not the other. I realize this isnt the place to discuss this ,just thought id start here. thanks

3 Likes

Welcome to the group.

First thing that comes to mind is the torch may not be perpendicular to the material.

1 Like

Welcome!

Could be a nozzle that’s got one side blown out a bit too.

1 Like

I did have that issue at first because of a loose bearing ,but i repaired it, imleaning towards consumables because i lost arc voltage a couple of times

new consumables fixed the arc voltage and cut is improved

3 Likes