Official upgrades supported by Langmuir

Has anyone heard anything about any actual future upgrades to be supported by Langmuir beside just the THC? I noticed that there was a thread earlier relating to limit switches for the crossfire but when an actual Langmuir representative responded by saying that we should essentially “look forward to big stuff coming the next few months”. However there hasn’t been any response from that account for ages on that thread. And as amazing as the Crossfire XR looks I hope that wasn’t the only thing that the representative was talking about because that doesn’t really mean anything for the people that already own or have ordered the previously released equipment.

I think once langmuir balances out a bit on the orders and shipments of the XR…and the Pro…we will see some things in the next 6 to 12 months…
do not forget…this company has taken the entry level CNC plasma table market by storm…

1 Like

If you have a Gen1 controller, adding limit switches is relatively easy. The Gen1 system doesn’t use the controller board’s INP1-INP4 giving you at least 4 distinct inputs you can use. The downside is that you have to do some finagling to get a basic switch to work since LS ‘cleverly’ used 5V for the OUT channel and 5V won’t reliably trigger the INP switches.

If this is what you have, I can show you how to get around this problem.

1 Like

Thank you for your offer to help Tom, however if I understand correctly if I want to setup and use the limit switches on the crossfire pro I would have to forget using the stock Langmuir software and then end up using mach3 which to be honest after all the trouble I have had with mach3 in the past to configure some other stuff on other machines with it I definitely don’t want to do that route. Because from the time I have had with the actual Langmuir control interface it’s actually an amazing setup for what you pay to have the equipment.

if you have a pro…you can not use mach3…it is only Firecontrol…

1 Like

@toolboy is correct, the extra pins are available on the system that is already using Mach3. IF you are using Firecontrol, then it is a Gen2 system and you will have to wait until LS offers an upgrade that only addresses the limit switches.

Yeah I was afraid of that.

afraid of me being right or afraid of having to wait for Langmuir to release upgrades…ahahahahahahah

1 Like

Both I was afraid of having to wait for Langmuir to release something officially and after rereading some of the other posts it dawned on me that yeah mach 3 wouldn’t work mine anyways.

1 Like

I’m astounded by this!

1 Like

Is the sarcasm necessary?

1 Like

@TheTinman , You have a very good point, it is not necessary, IF it was sarcasm.

As you will learn, some of us like to pull each other’s chain once in a while, and this was in fun and I’m sure @toolboy realizes it (and is planning his counter comment).

So, good on you for commenting on this. You will do well here! Welcome to the zoo!

1 Like

friendly banter…no offence taken…I actually started the self directed sarcasm…

1 Like

I’m sorry Toolboy I jumped to conclusions before realizing your intention and direction. I suppose I should think more before I respond to stuff like that. However thank you for your quick response and correction in my understanding of what is and isn’t true about the crossfire products.

2 Likes