Now what? C an't catch a break

Crossfire error
Something constantly erroring out

Looks like there might be an update available for Firecontrol? I think I would do that to begin with…

One member had this issue, here’s the topic.it ended up being resolved, the cause was apparently the razor weld retaining cap being too tight and causing issues.

Use the magnifying glass up above to search the word “timeout” for a few more examples.

1 Like

If the retaining cup is to tight on a X45 torch it will deform the swirl ring causing it to bind the electrode from moving freely.

1 Like

It will start cutting and when it gets to the first corner it stops and the torch stays light… it travels 12 inches before it stops

i would upgrade to the latest version of firecontrol and go from there.

what version of windows are you running?

Last time I tried to update it screwed everything up and had to uninstall and start with an older version to work

How do you have your torch mounted to the z-axis ? could one of the mounts be too tight on the torch deforming the barrel and causing sticking issues with the electrode plunger?

Also if there’s some kind of clearance issue with your retaining cap and your consumable pack could you cut a small gasket or spacer for the retaining cap so you can have the tightness you need and the clearance?

It seems like a lot of signs are pointing to a defective torch ( or parts of its consumable pack) or the way it’s mounted.

Last time you updated firecontrol or windows? Seems odd that updating firecontrol would have caused you issues. I know they did have problems with one of the versions but it sounds like those got sorted out. What version of firecontrol are you using?

A “stack trace” error is 100% a software error and is not caused by the torch. The message pictured shows that a command was not carried out within the allotted 10 seconds. This could be related to not having enough memory available.

2 Likes