Now that Fusion 360 wants you to buy it, what now?

Is there another program we can use?

It’s still free use for PERSONAL USE
& Start up business use BUSINESS use qualifications are below right from the application page :point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

I have it, but I really don’t use it. I personally don’t like that you have to store your files in the cloud. I mean this isn’t true for me, but what if… You design some ground breaking thing, that you want no one to know about, but your storing this design in the cloud on their servers… I work for an OEM and that is exactly why we don’t use it, nor are we allowed to purchase it for special cases. You do not have control over who can see your data… You hear of data breaches all the time… What if all of the sudden all of your designs were inaccessible? I know you can also store them locally, kinda twice the work! I’d rather store them on my network drive raid configured…

Although you’re incorrect that Fusion now charges for virtually all of us, if you do want an alternative you can try Sheetcam. It’s about $150 as I recall but will generate Crossfire compatible tap files.

1 Like

You can save your files off the cloud if you choose to your personal computer.
Data security with Autodesk is pretty dang secure, even more so then inside a company using there own IT/servers
Sheet Cam is another CAM only option.
You’ll lose all the design capabilities in FUSION AS ITS CAM ONLY.

You can save FUSION files offline

See the link below​:point_down::point_down::point_down:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/how-to-save-in-personal-computer-instead-of-cloud/td-p/6349137

AND HERE::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

I know that, but you have to save to cloud first. I have access to other high end CAD for anything 3d I need

do you know that of your subscription to F360 is lapsed if you still have access to all your files?