Not cutting through in one direction

Hey guys need a little help here. If you could take a look at the video below this will help to describe my issues. When cutting my plasma will pierce fine and when moving left to right it cuts great. However when it start cutting right to left there is a noticeable change in the sound of cutting, and the cut seems to develop a lot of dross on the back not allowing the piece to fall out. The cut piece will take a swift tap to dislodge, and then I have a good amount of dross to clean off the back.

My plasma is a Everlast 50s. I am cutting .125" thick steel at 110IPM with a 1.0mm tip. The amperage is set at 39A and my air is at 60ish psi.

https://youtu.be/lCU80TwX-AM

Thanks for your help!

What’s the air pressure when its cutting?

Somewhere between 58 to 62 psi

try setting the cut direction in the settings to counter closckwise…or reverse cut direction…see what happens

Thanks for the suggestion. I lowered the air pressure to mid 40 psi and that seemed to help. Still have intermittent issues though with not fully cutting. The cut piece still needs a good whack to dislodge.

after re-reading you post and the settings you are using…
so the .125" steel you are cutting is 11guage I take it…
here is what I am using for pretty decent cuts in 11guage steel.

95IPM
.3 pierce delay
pierce height .118
plunge rate 50 ipm
cut height .05
running 1 to 1.2 tips with 60psi
45amps

I think your amps are too low and speed to high

1 Like

Your consumables might be warn out. Raise the tip and do a test fire. Watch the ‘arc’ and if parts are warn it will often shoot out a little sideways, not perfectly straight down. If it’s shooting out at an angle it might cut nice in one direction but not in another.